From the man who killed superhero teenagers and people gave him awards for it.
A new ongoing comic book series titled WWE will launch in January 2017 from publisher BOOM! Studios.
Written by Dennis Hopeless (Avengers Arena, Spider-Woman) and drawn by newcomer Eduard Petrovich, the story will follow wrestler Seth Rollins as he tries to win the WWE World Championship while dealing with his former team members from The Shield, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose.
WWE #1 will also feature a backup story about The New Day by writer Ross Thibodeaux (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2016 Annual) and artist Rob Guillory (Chew).
Earlier this year at San Diego Comic-Con, BOOM! announced a one-shot issue called WWE: Then. Now. Forever. scheduled to release on November 9. In addition to a full story by Hopeless and artist Dan Mora, it will also include the one-page info-comics illustrated by Daniel Bayliss that were released at Comic-Con.
Check out the full solicitation info for the upcoming series:
Publisher: BOOM! Studios
Writers: Dennis Hopeless, Ross Thibodeaux | Artists: Eduard Petrovich, Rob Guillory | Main cover artist: Dan Mora
Format: 32 pages, full color | Price: $3.99 | On sale: January 2017
- BOOM! Studios is proud to present the most authentic line of ongoing WWE comics. Each issue will feature your favorite Superstars in stories that go beyond what you’ve seen on TV.
- The first story arcs detail the “Breaking of The Shield.”
- Seth Rollins. Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose. Together they formed The Shield, one of the most dominant factions in WWE history—until the ultimate opportunist Seth chose to betray the group at the behest of Triple H, the “King of Kings” who has cemented himself as the authority in control of WWE.
- Now, following a near career-ending injury, Seth is back on the hunt for the WWE Championship, a journey that will send him on a collision course with his former brothers…
- Includes a backup story starring The New Day by Ross Thibodeaux (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2016 Annual) and Rob Guillory (Chew).