Say goodbye to the arcade.
Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph sequel is officially called Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Disney revealed the name of the sequel to its 2012 smash hit at this year’s CinemaCon, and said that Jane Lynch (the original’s Sergeant Calhoun) and Jack McBrayer (who played Fix-it Felix) would be returning alongside John C.Reilly as Ralph and Sarah Silverman as Vanellope von Schweetz .
The original creatives will also be returning, including directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston, and producer Clark Spencer. “To take these characters we love and have them enter the enormous world of the internet has given us so much to explore,” said Moore in a press release. “Our production team has been hard at work designing a world that takes something we all think we know – the internet – but shows it in a whole new, imaginative way.”
“We’re so excited to be working with Ralph, Vanellope von Schweetz, Fix-It Felix and Sergeant Calhoun again,” said Johnston, “and we have new characters we look forward to unveiling. At the center of this film, as in the first one, is the relationship between Ralph and Vanellope, two once-outcasts, who in each other, found true friendship.”
Wreck-it-Ralph scored the highest opening weekend for a Disney Animation Studios film ever when it opened in November 2012. It was revealed in June last year that the lovable sprite would be moving into the internet, following early rumbles from Moore that the sequel might explore online gaming.
Ralph Breaks the Internet is due to hit theaters March 9, 2018.