Filming won’t resume until he recovers.
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure indefinitely as injured star Dylan O’Brien requires more time to recover.20th Century Fox has extended the shutdown of production on
THR reports O’Brien’s injuries from an accident on the Vancouver set in March are “more severe than initially expected.” O’Brien suffered a concussion, facial fracture and lacerations, according to a WorkSafeBC report.
Filming on the Maze Runner threequel won’t resume until O’Brien’s fully recovered and the film’s large crew and cast can be reassembled.
“His injuries are very serious and he needs more time to recover,” said O’Brien’s publicist Jennifer Allen. Fox said in a statement, “The resumption of principal photography on Maze Runner: The Death Cure has been further delayed to allow Dylan O’Brien more time to fully recover from his injuries. We wish Dylan a speedy recovery and look forward to restarting production as soon as possible,”
O’Brien “was in a harness on top of a moving vehicle when he was pulled off the vehicle unexpectedly and hit by another vehicle,” according to THR’s account of the March 18 accident..
The Maze Runner: The Death Cure had been slated for a Feb, 17, 2017 release, but that’s obviously not happening now. No new release date has been announced yet.